Saturday, September 8, 2007

Nursery ALMOST Complete!!!

Shayne and I worked on the nursery almost all day today and tried to watch football at the same time! We had so many little things to do and it was just time consuming. Thankfully, the nursery is almost complete. Just some last minute touches left. One of the curtain rods that I bought was missing the hardware so that's the reason for only one valance in the picture. Shayne and I also painted all of the art that you see on the walls. I really couldn't find anything that I liked in the stores so we just decided to make some things ourselves! I am very happy with the way the pictures turned out. Our changing table should come in next week and that will go under the "Conner" picture. I have some letters that still need to be painted and hung up above the chest of drawers. Besides those few things we are almost done.

We also decided that Conner Jace will be the name for the baby. We were kind of debating between a few middle names, but we thought Jace was the best fit.

Some of the ladies from work are throwing me and Kari a baby shower tomorrow. Kari sits next to me at work and she is 7 weeks ahead of me. She is also having a little boy. So, I will be posting some more pictures from the shower tomorrow. I am so excited about it and I am very thankful to have such caring friends at work to do this for us. Thanks girls!!!

3 comments:

The Dawson Family said...

I had no idea that my sisters real name was Martha Stewart. Wait a minute, are you my real sister? Good job guys, it looks so cute.

Www.whughes.blogspot.com said...

it all looks so good!! i'm very inpressed with the art work! can't wait to see you and conner on wednesday! i love the middle name!

Rachel said...

cute cute nursery! good job on the paintings too! pretty talented huh? connor jace carnes sounds great......