Tuesday, June 30, 2009

PCB Trip 2009 - Father's Day: Beach and Sunset Cruise

Last week Shayne, Conner, and I went to Panama City Beach for our summer vacation. The trip started off very rough. We decided to drive down Friday night so Conner would sleep most of the time. Well that idea did work out well. However, we checked in at the after hours office at midnight and then drove down to our condo at Emerald Beach. To our surprise the magnetic key card didn't work. To make a really long and frustrating story short...we stayed outside our room with all of our luggage and a now awaken baby until 2:00 in the morning waiting on maintenance to fix our door. I can't tell you how exhausted we were when we finally got in to the room. So that was strike 1. Anyway, we proceeded to have a good day on Saturday and thought things were going to be better!



Well almost, on Sunday Conner pooped his carseat somehow. It's not like his diaper was overflowing either. He literally pooped and it just totally missed the diaper. I guess the way he was sitting in his carseat, kind of indian-style, left a big hole open for anything to just slide right on out. So strike 2 and we had to take the whole fabric off the carseat and put it in the washing machine.



You're probably wondering what strike 3 is...? Since I'm such a clever person and we were at the beach for Father's Day, I planned to take Shayne to his favorite restaurant and then surprise him with a sunset cruise. Captain Jack's buffet was great as usual and then I told Shayne we had to go to Captain Anderson's for his surprise. By this time, he has figured out that I've booked some sort of boat ride. We had probably an hour for our food to settle, so I thought we'd be good to go. Oh no, Daddy started getting sea sick half way through the 2 hour boat trip b/c the captain kept stopping the boat for everyone to look at the dolphins. To make this long story short, as soon as we got off the boat, Daddy ran to the parking lot and lost all of his Captain Jack's from earlier. I felt horrible. What kind of Father's Day surprise gets Daddy sick!?



Conner having fun in the pool with Daddy.



Conner being silly with Daddy's sunglasses.




Family picture on the sunset cruise (before he got sick).


The boat ride made little man sleepy.

One of the pretty dolphins that was surfing the wave from the back of the boat.
Finally, the sunset.

1 comment:

Alex,Erica & Caleb said...

Great pics from the beach!!Sorry the trip got off to a bad start but glad it all ended well.These are the times you will look back and laugh at.