Monday, December 15, 2008

Conner's Ear Surgery

Conner did really well before his ear tube surgery this morning. Mommy and daddy were very tired b/c we had to get up at 4:00 this morning and be at the hospital by 5. After Conner got his "happy juice" he was being very silly. He played peek-a-boo with the blanket for an hour! When I took him back to the surgery area, all the nurses and doctors saw him being silly and he had an audience.

The after surgery part was a little different. They brought him back to us squalling. The nurse said the anesthesia makes them mad and cranky. He finally settled down by the time we got to the car. He got to watch Barney on the way home and that made everything better. He slept for about 3 1/2 hours once we got home and he felt much better. I can't say we can can tell a whole lot of difference yet b/c he's still been a little fussy today. I'd imagine though once these drugs and the "trauma" of today wears off we should start seeing a happier baby.



2 comments:

Alex,Erica & Caleb said...

I'm glad everything went well.I was thinking about ya'll today.I'm sure he will start feeling well soon.It was great having lunch the other day.We need to do that more often.

Kim said...

Poor baby! Hopefully you will be able to tell a difference with the new tubes very soon. Precious peek a boo video.